PDAC Meeting Requests
Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) product manufacturers/distributors may request an appointment to meet with PDAC staff to discuss questions they may have regarding a HCPCS coding decision assigned to their product, or their pending coding verification application. In the interests of time and costs expended to travel for meetings, and to assist the PDAC in serving your needs in the best possible manner, the following guidelines are provided as to when in-person meetings are appropriate and acceptable.
- The product is “Billable” to the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment Medicare Administrative Contractors (DME MACs) under the DMEPOS benefit (See Billable HCPCS Codes vs. Payable HCPCS Codes)
- The product is already registered with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- A coding verification application has been completed, or is on file and in process at the PDAC
- The manufacturer/distributor has questions about a HCPCS code assigned by the PDAC and feels a product demonstration and time to ask questions would be helpful
In-person meetings with the PDAC are not appropriate in the following situations:
- The product is “pre-market” and not yet registered with the FDA
- A coding verification application for the product has not been submitted to the PDAC
- The manufacturer has an application on file with the CMS HCPCS Work Group for the product
- Questions that relate to a Local Coverage Determination (LCD) or LCD Policy Article requirement are the purview of the DME MACs and should be addressed to the respective Medical Director(s)
- Questions that relate to a Medicare Benefit Category Determination are the purview of the CMS Division of DMEPOS Policy and should be addressed to CMS
- Questions that relate to the need for a new or revised HCPCS code to more accurately describe a product are the purview of the CMS HCPCS Workgroup and should be addressed there.
Scheduling a meeting with the PDAC:
- To inquire about a meeting date and/or to schedule an appointment, call the PDAC Contact Center at 877-735-1326. You will be referred to a member of the PDAC coding staff to review the purpose of your meeting.
- Meeting dates are set quarterly and are held at the Noridian offices in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Meeting times are limited to 30 minutes per manufacturer/distributor
- Coding decisions/re-decisions will NOT be made at the meeting.
- If you will be presenting hardcopy handouts or materials, please bring enough for five people.
- Please be prepared and please be on time for the meeting.
NOTE: Noridian staff may not solicit or accept monetary or non-monetary gifts, gratuities, or favors of any kind.