Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC has served as the Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding (PDAC) Contractor since August 2008. The PDAC performs the following activities:
- Receives, evaluates and processes coding verification applications for DMEPOS
- Establishes, maintains and updates all coding verification decisions on the Product Classification List that is available on DMECS
- Provides coding guidance for manufacturers and suppliers on the proper use of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
- Maintains and publishes the NDC/HCPCS Crosswalk and OACD pricing files
- Conducts DMEPOS data analysis
DMECS New Look is Here
DMECS has been enhanced with new features, functions, and coding information.
Effective Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. CT, there will be a new DMECS website address, https://www.dmepdac.com/dmecsapp/. If you currently have DMECS as a bookmark or favorite, you will need to bookmark the new web address to internet your favorites.
To view the new features and functions, a DMECS Quick Reference Guide is available as well.
Watch for more information on available training opportunities.