Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC has served as the Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding (PDAC) Contractor since August 2008. The PDAC performs the following activities:
- Receives, evaluates and processes coding verification applications for DMEPOS
- Establishes, maintains and updates all coding verification decisions on the Product Classification List that is available on DMECS
- Provides coding guidance for manufacturers and suppliers on the proper use of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
- Maintains and publishes the NDC/HCPCS Crosswalk and OACD pricing files
- Conducts DMEPOS data analysis
New DMECS Features Now Available - September 21, 2018
You spoke; We listened.
PDAC reviewed the website surveys submitted and has implemented new features to DMECS based on comments and recommendations. New features include:
- Accreditation information and search capabilities - The HCPCS Detail Screen displays multiple product and service codes along with the corresponding descriptions.
- Enhanced filtering and sort order options - The Product Classification List has a new filter option to refresh the user’s original search results. The list is also set to display the search results by date in chronological order by clicking on Effective Begin Date.
- Refined search options in the Fee Schedule Look-up - The DMECS Fee Schedule information search page includes an added search option to change the HCPCS Code using the original search criteria by state and date of service.
- Added navigation tools - The DMECS header has an added navigation link back to the PDAC website. Users can now navigate to the PDAC website by clicking PDAC at the top of any DMECS page.
For more details on these new features, access the New DMECS Features Guide.
New Applications Only - Effective September 1, 2018
The new applications are now available and are located on the Application and Forms webpage.
As of September 1, 2018, we will accept the new applications only.