Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC has served as the Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding (PDAC) Contractor since August 2008. The PDAC performs the following activities:
- Receives, evaluates and processes coding verification applications for DMEPOS
- Establishes, maintains and updates all coding verification decisions on the Product Classification List that is available on DMECS
- Provides coding guidance for manufacturers and suppliers on the proper use of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
- Maintains and publishes the NDC/HCPCS Crosswalk and OACD pricing files
- Conducts DMEPOS data analysis
Manufacturers and distributors are responsible for notifying PDAC when they discontinue a product or product line. Discontinued products need to be end dated to ensure accurate and correct coding of products being billed to Medicare. To discontinue a product or product line, please submit the following information in writing to PDAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product Name
- Model Number
- Date the product was discontinued
Complete information and instructions for updating DMECS are at https://www.dmepdac.com/dmecs/notifying.html.
For further questions about this process, please contact the PDAC Contact Center at (877) 735-1326 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday, or email the PDAC by completing the DME PDAC Contact Form located on the PDAC website at https://www.dmepdac.com/