Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC has served as the Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding (PDAC) Contractor since August 2008. The PDAC performs the following activities:
- Receives, evaluates and processes coding verification applications for DMEPOS
- Establishes, maintains and updates all coding verification decisions on the Product Classification List that is available on DMECS
- Provides coding guidance for manufacturers and suppliers on the proper use of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
- Maintains and publishes the NDC/HCPCS Crosswalk and OACD pricing files
- Conducts DMEPOS data analysis
Coming Soon – A PDAC Code Verification Application Status Tool and an enhanced DME Coding System (DMECS)!
Code Verification Application Status Tool
PDAC developed a Code Verification Application Status Tool that provides a self-service option to check the status of a PDAC code verification application. The new application status tool communicates general information on the application status throughout the coding process.
DME Coding System (DMECS)
The DMECS is getting a new look!!!! PDAC has enhanced DMECS by adding new features, functions and coding information based on customer feedback. Training will be available after the launch of the new application. Watch for more information as the new features are implemented.